Vehkaniemi is a centuries-old family estate with cultural and historical value. It is located in a beautiful spot on the shore of Lake Vehkajärvi in the Pohjaslahti district of Mänttä-Vilppula. The first historical records of the estate can be traced back to 1565. The current owner, an architect, has gradually renovated the buildings of the estate one by one, respecting their heritage and in accordance with the instructions issued by the Finnish Heritage Agency. Most of the buildings are from the early 1840s, and some are even older. Formerly a “Sleeping Beauty”, this estate has now been transformed into a versatile venue for holidays and events.
The authentic rural setting provides a wide range of comfortable facilities for overnight stays, banquets and meetings, providing memorable experiences at a beautiful countryside location with terrain shaped by the Ice Age, next to long and fragmented waterways, in the peace and quiet of nature.
• The balcony access granary building has five double occupancy rooms that provide memorable experiences and a good night’s sleep.
• Vanha Väentupa, part of which dates back to the 1700s, is rich in atmosphere and large enough to accommodate families of all sizes.
• The brand new Panoraama granary, built from ancient logs, is situated in a beautiful location with unparalleled views of Lake Vehkajärvi. Beds for four guests.
• Next to the Panoraama building is the small Pikkuaitta granary building for single or double occupancy.
• The lakeside sauna cottage is rented out on a weekly basis during the summer season and for shorter stays at other times of the year.
The total accommodation capacity is sufficient for 31 guests. Most of the rooms are primarily used in the summer. The lakeside buildings are available for stays all year round.
In the summer, Vehkaniemi hosts exhibitions and other events and there is a café with a summer terrace in the old stone barn. The exhibitions and café are open on Sundays in July from 12 noon to 4 p.m. At other times, the services of the estate are available by advance reservation.