The Tennis Pavilion is an impressive functionalist building designed by architect Heimo Kautonen. It was completed in 1950 to the west of Honkahovi and Silva, which were residences used by executives of the G.A. Serlachius company. At the beginning of the 1900s, the only people who played tennis in Mänttä were the officers of the Serlachius company. They were the only ones who were allowed to use the tennis courts. Tennis was initially seen as an upper class hobby: membership of the Mänttä Tennis Club, established in 1929, was only available by invitation. It was not until the 1970s that the first members who were not part of the company were accepted.